BOOK BARISTA I | FULL-TIME @ NATIONAL HARBOR
The MahoganyBooks Barista position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, creating expertly crafted beverages, and enhancing the overall shopping experience. The ideal candidate cares about and value people, community, and Black culture.
We want you to join our amazing team. You will make a great Barista if you have the following qualifications.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Love working as a team
- Understand how to create a great customer service experience
- Comfortable with responsibilities like cash-handling and store safety
- Can maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Have excellent communications skills
- Has the ability to spend much of their time standing on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
- Availability to work 40 hours a week, including, mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
*Barista experience preferred but not required
- Deliver high-level customer service that ensures sales and creates loyalty and value.
- Welcome customers, establish rapport, and proactively engage them in conversation to recommend the right mix of products.
- Ensure all transactions are processed accurately and cash register is balanced at shift end.
- Respond to in-store customer complaints and work to proactively resolve their issues.
- Communicate specific product needs to managers to ensure the store is stocked appropriately with in-demand items.
- Maintain café appearance by restocking items, cleaning, and performing other housekeeping tasks.
- Assist with bookstore transactions as needed.
- Adhere to all inventory and loss prevention standards.
Compensation: This is a paid, hourly position.