Bookseller II | Part-time @ Anacostia
The MahoganyBooks Bookseller II position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, creating a fun, and engaging shopping experience. You enthusiastically share your knowledge about our products and services while also maintaining the store to create a clean and organized environment. The ideal candidate will have availability for opening and closing shifts on both weekdays and weekends at our National Harbor location in Oxon Hill, MD. They care about and value people, community, and culture.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Zero -3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Passion for books, customer service, people, black culture, and community
- Strong communication skills
- Has the ability to spend the majority of their time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
- Availability to work mornings, evenings, weekdays, weekends, holidays, and at some offsite events. Approximately 20 - 30 hrs/wk.
- Deliver high-level customer service that ensures sales and creates loyalty and value.
- Welcome customers, establish rapport, and proactively engage them in conversations to recommend the right mix of products, services, or event opportunities.
- Ensure all transactions are processed accurately and cash register is balanced at shift end.
- Share knowledge and enthusiasm about our products, services, promotions, as well as, provide a personalized experience to multiple customers at the same time.
- Respond to in-store, online, and over the phone questions and work proactively to resolve issues and meet customer needs.
- Communicate specific product needs to managers to ensure the store is stocked appropriately with in-demand titles and customer requests.
- Maintain store appearance by restocking items, straightening bookcases, and performing other store housekeeping tasks.
- Enroll customers into our rewards programs and complete other up-sell sales initiatives as tasked.
- Support and staff in-store and off-site events.
- Implement and maintain merchandising plan..
- Assist in any area of the store as needed.
- Adhere to all inventory and loss prevention standards.
Compensation: This is a paid, hourly position.