Customer Service Representative | Part-time
The MahoganyBooks Customer Service Representative is a crucial staff member on our team. The ideal candidate will possess stellar customer service skills (written and oral) and will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries via phone and email. This highly motivated, customer-centric, book lover will field questions for book recommendations and order updates, as well as, fulfill online orders, resolve customer concerns, and provide back-end support where needed. With attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a go-getter mindset you are responsible for building, maintaining, and/or restoring customer trust and loyalty. The ideal candidate works well with a team, communicates effectively, cares about and values people. Approximately 30% of your time may be spent on the sales floor each week.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of experience in customer service, book sales, and/or related area(s). Must be available to work Monday-Friday and some weekends on the sales floor.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Stellar attention to detail
- Highly organized and motivated
- A problem solver, quick thinker, and is eager to find win-win scenarios
- Passion for people, service, and community
- Available approximately 25 - 32 hours a week
- Communicate with customers via email, in-person, and on the phone to either process an order, provide order updates, or to resolve a customer concern.
- Process and/or fulfill book orders as well as handle online book returns.
- Work as a bookseller and cashier in the store, during events, or at off-site functions (once we return to live events)
- Adhere to all customer service standards.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Compensation: This is a paid, hourly position
Click Here to Apply