Bookseller II | Part-time
The MahoganyBooks Bookseller II position is responsible for selling products and services, the maintenance of the store, including cleaning, arranging, stocking displays in addition to providing stellar customer service. You are at the forefront of creating an exciting and engaging shopping experience in our store by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our products and services and meeting the needs of the customer. You care about and value people, culture, community and exemplify our core values.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Passion for books, selling, people, black culture, and community
- Strong communication skills
- Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
- Availability for mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and some offsite events.
- Deliver high-level customer service that ensures sales and creates loyalty and value.
- Welcome customers, establish rapport, and proactively engage them in conversations to recommend the right mix of products, services, or event opportunities.
- Ensure all transactions are processed accurately and cash register is balanced at shift end.
- Share knowledge and enthusiasm about our products, services, promotions, as well as, provide a personalized experience to multiple customers at the same time.
- Respond to in-store and online questions and work proactively to resolve issues and meet customer needs.
- Communicate specific product needs to managers to ensure the store is stocked appropriately with in-demand titles and customer requests.
- Maintain store appearance by restocking items, straightening bookcases, and performing other store housekeeping tasks.
- Enroll customers into our rewards programs and complete other up-sell sales initiatives as tasked.
- Support and staff in-store and off-site events.
- Implement and maintain merchandising and window displays in accordance with provided plans.
- Process and fulfill online orders and customer service inquiries in a prompt manner.
- Assist in any area of the store as needed.
- Adhere to all inventory and loss prevention standards.
Compensation: This is a paid, hourly position.