Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Why Timelines?
- Chapter 1. The African Foundation: Before 1601
- Chapter 2. Creating New World Communities: 1601-1700
- Chapter 3. The World of the Enslaved: 1701-1800
- Chapter 4. The Destruction of Slavery: 1801-1900
- Chapter 5. The African American Century: 1901-2000
- Chapter 6. Into the Twenty-first Century: 2001-
- Appendix. African American Population of the United States, 1790-2000
- Selected Bibliography
- About the Author.
This invaluable reference timeline charts African American history from 1601-2008 against the backdrop of American and world history. AIA Black Facts reveals the unexpected relationships between people and events, and the often unrecognized causes and effects that created African Americans' indelible imprint on our nation.