From preparation to celebration, make your Kwanzaa a family tradition!
Traditionally, Kwanzaa brings family, friends, and the community together for a winter celebration. But Kwanzaa can be a part of your life year-round. The 20 million people of African descent who celebrate this holiday steeped in cultural richness observe the holiday for its seven principles--principles that inspire the individual and promote community. Whether you're a first-time celebrant or a seasoned veteran, Kwanzaa: From Holiday to Every Day
is a must-have reference for making Kwanzaa special for you and your loved ones. With this book, you'll learn:
- Planning for daily observance and festive gatherings
- The seven principles at the heart of Kwanzaa
- How to involve everyone in your Karamu (feast)
- Recipes for traditional dishes you can make at home
- Zawadi (gifts) that reflect your values
- Popular Kwanzaa songs and even one Kwanzaa rap
- Where to find the best Kwanzaa accessories
- And more!
Let this holiday guide show you how to turn your Kwanzaa observance into a way of life to enrich your family, friends, and community.
Of the several books on Kwanzaa, few are invested with such utility as Maitefa Angaza's thorough-going discussion and analysis . . . a meaningful, wonderful guide. --Herb Boyd, author of We Shall Overcome: The History of the Civil Rights Movement As It Happened